Jamie Olivers baked potatoes.
1 kilogram of potatoes
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
6 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees with the baking tray in it.
- Cut large potatoes in half and leave the others whole, put them all in a large pan with cold water and put on medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes, they just need to be a bit softer, absolutely not cooked. Drain the potatoes and let them dry and steam for a couple of minutes. In the meantime, peel the garlic.
- Take the baking tray from the oven and put half of the olive oil on the tray, add the potatoes, the garlic cloves, the rest of the olive oil and salt and pepper. Make sure all the potatoes are covered in oil and salt.
- Put in the oven for 15 minutes and then take them out. Press them flat with a potato masher or fork and put them back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- If they are beautifully golden brown, you can take them out of the oven, otherwise put them in for 5 more minutes. Sprinkle some fresh parsley on it and your potatoes are done!