1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 can of kidney or black beans
1 red onion
1 clove of garlic
half of a bell pepper
teaspoon of paprika powder
pinch of cumin and chili powder
2 tablespoons tomato puree
50 ml of water
pinch of salt
cooked brown rice
(vegan) creme fraiche
- Cut the onion, pepper and garlic into small pieces.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the tablespoon of oil to the pan. First put the onion and pepper in the pan and fry for about 3 minutes. Then fry the garlic for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute all the spices are allowed in the pan. Let this also fry for a few minutes, if the mixture in pan looks too dry you can always add some extra oil or a tablespoon of water to the pan.
- Add the tomato puree, the rinsed beans, salt and water. Stir well and simmer for 15 minutes over low heat. You can taste a small bite to see of it’s to your liking and possibly add extra salt or some spices.
- Serve with rice, lettuce, creme fraîche, guacamole and maybe some tortilla chips!