OREO STUFFED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Ingredients for 20-24 cookies:
225 grams of unsalted butter
150 grams of light brown sugar
225 of white castor sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
450 grams of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
340 grams of chocolate chips, dark or milk, (you can also do a mix of both, I love that)
20-24 basic Oreo cookies
- Make sure everything is at room temperature before you get started.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and both kinds of sugar together until smooth. This can be done with a spatula or with an electric mixer.
- Then add both eggs, chocolate chips and vanilla and mix again.
- Finally add the flour, salt and baking soda, mix well again until you have a nice cookie dough, don’t eat all of it right now!
- Place baking paper on 2 baking trays and set aside.
- Take a little more than a tablespoon of dough and roll it into a smooth ball and press flat like a disc. Place the Oreo cookie in the middle and fold the rest of the dough around it. Repeat this until all the dough is used up.
- Place all the cookies on the baking trays with enough space between them and bake for 11 to 15 minutes, it varies per oven and how thick you have made the cookies.
- If they are beautifully golden brown, they are ready! Enjoy